Dr. Sarah White is the founder of This Doctor’s Kitchen, a Certified Naturopathic Doctor and Integrative Medicine Expert. A trusted health professional, Dr. Sarah has been featured in numerous publications and has helped hundreds of patients to look and feel their best. Personal health challenges in her twenties combined with a broken health care system motivated Dr. Sarah to pursue an alternative definition of health for herself and her patients. Dr. Sarah is an published writer and Functional Wellness Expert whose mission is help patients restore their health and wellbeing in order to live happier and more fulfilling lives.
Dr. Sarah earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Ottawa and a four-year Doctor of Naturopathy degree from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. She is a member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND) and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and has been working in the natural healthcare field for over fifteen years.
It’s impossible to live a fulfilling and vibrant life when you are not feeling your best. Achieving true and lasting wellness comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life and what are you willing to do to get it? You only have one shot at this life and you can either live to your fullest and highest potential or stay the way you are now. As an Integrative Medicine Expert, I recognize the importance of treating patients with personalized evidence-based medicine. You can trust that I have the experience, education and passion needed to effectively treat your skin conditions, balance your hormone levels, improve your energy and support you in your weight loss journey. I’ve also designed innovative and evidence-based programs in detoxification, hormone balancing, weight loss and healthy aging to help my patients feel and look their best. I practice what I preach and I will work with you to uncover the root cause of your health issues so that you may thrive and enjoy a healthier, happier and more beautiful life.
Your initial appointment with me involves a primary-care assessment, including functional lab testing when indicated. I spend a great deal of time with you, listening to your history and looking at the interactions between the genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that influence your long-term health. Through this comprehensive assessment, you will learn the underlying reasons for your health complaints and be given the tools and support to help you achieve lasting health. I use natural, individualized and science-informed treatment methods including clinical nutrition, orthomolecular medicine, Chinese medicine & acupuncture, botanical medicine and lifestyle counselling to help you reach your wellness goals.
I am an empathetic listener, passionate teacher and green kitchen guru who is living my true purpose while guiding patients through their personal health journeys. I’m a complete and utter health food fanatic who wants to see everyone benefit from eating healing foods. Healthy cooking and baking are my true passions, my ‘raison d’être’, and I love sharing recipes that are as healthy as they are delicious. Inspired to share what I love, I’ve created my professional blog www.thisdoctorskitchen.com to encourage you to start creating health in your own kitchen.
I Believe …
that building a healthy life should feel empowering, not restrictive. I believe that our bodies have an amazing capacity to heal. I believe in growing my own food, that life is better by the lake and good health is the key to a happy and fulfilling life.
My promises to you:
- I promise to bring all of myself, including my extensive skills as a Naturopathic Doctor and Integrative Medicine expert, plus all that I’m living and learning, to each appointment with you.
- I will meet you where you’re at and help you implement the best healing strategies based on your own motivations, desires, and abilities.
- I promise to help you navigate the world of Integrative Medicine by helping you merge traditional health practices with the latest innovations in medicine. I am constantly learning for my patients and am 100% confident that I can help you on your healing journey.
Living my own fullest potential,
My 2018 goals:
- Create a recipe & health blog to share what I love and help my patients to create health in their own kitchens (visit me at www.thisdoctorskitchen.com) ✓
- Make self care a priority in my own life so that I can show up everyday as the best possible version of myself. Balance is everything.
- Create healthy recipes that I will pass down to my own children
- Practice mindfulness daily: I’m specifically working on my mediation practice and am committed to 10 minutes of meditation every single day this year (some of my favourite resources for guided mediation are www.calm.com & the ‘Head Space’ app.
- Run a half marathon for my father the ex-marathoner, who can no longer run long distances due to a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Do something creative every single day: my creative right brain has taken a back seat to my scientific mind through medical school and my first years of practice, I plan on reconnecting with my artistic side this year starting with fall pottery classes.
- Grow my own food: My partner and I have turned our home in the city into a secret urban farm complete with multiple species of berries, an apple tree, more herbs than we could use in a lifetime and three crazy lovable chickens (Karen, Linda & Wenda; named for our mothers). My new goal is to grow enough plants so that I don’t need to buy any produce from the farmer’s market this summer, wish me luck!
- Take a bee keeping class (Seriously .. University of Guelph offers courses in the new year and I’m obsessed with the idea of packaging my own honey to give as thank you gifts for new patient referrals), Kyle (my partner) says there’s no way that we’re keeping bees in the backyard but he also wasn’t so keen on the idea of city chickens either … (see #7.)
- Finally kick my coffee habit once and for all.
- Spend 2 weeks volunteering with Natural Doctors International in Nicaragua. I fell head over heels in love with the beautiful island of Ometepe when I participated in a medical exchange program a few years back. I’m currently working on my medical Spanish with the hopes of returning in 2018.